Thursday 26 March 2009

Home studio upgrade

Finally got it working!! 6 Channels of Audio!!
All hooked up ready to go!
The Sub woofer!
Blue Sky Media desk 5.1 system

Part of the fellowship will be composing new music specifically for multichannel formats Quadraphonic, 5.1 and 7.1 surround sound either for DTS and/or Dolby Digital. I decided to upgrade my home studio with a 5.1 monitoring set up and add this to my current stereo monitoring system. I was very exited to get this and actually listen to alot of music in true 5.1 and not Dolby Pro Logic 2 which just converts a stereo signal and hasn't really been mixed for the 5.1 environment. My main inspiration for wanting to work in 5,1 was the album 'This Binary Universe' by Brian Transeau or BT as he is known. When i finally got it all set up and working i was blown away by hearing this album!! Check it out, its really incredible music!

No comments: